Archive for February 23rd, 2009
If you want to meet the press in the government market, you have an opportunity Tuesday morning at the Tower Club in Tysons Corner, VA.
Welz & Weisel Communications is sponsoring a government media networking reception Feb. 24 — and there will be all sorts of people there. You can get the complete rundown after the break… but I’ll be there along with John Meyer, Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s manager of sales and operations. But there will also be folks there from the 1105 Government Information Group … Government Executive and NextGov … AFCEA’s Signal magazine…
Most read items DorobekInsider.com items for the third week of February 2009:
- FCW’s 2009 Federal 100 Awards
- WhiteHouse.gov begins testing out comments
- 02.12.2009 Obama CTO reader: Will we ever see appointments?
- Tracking recovery.gov — many questions from agencies … and Virginia’s stimulus Web portal garners 1,861 suggestions
- GSA administrator — a nominee just around the corner? Or will Prouty stay around?
- Lessons learned from the National Academy’s National Dialogue — a way to tap into the power of us? ( I should note that you can hear Lena Trudeau of the National Academy of Public Administration talk about the report from Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris . Hear that conversation here .)
- HHS’s PandemicFlu.gov: Asking for help
- HHS’s PandemicFlu.gov asks for help — and gets more than 100 responses
- Learning about more the 2009 Fed 100 winners: EPA’s O’Neill and McCaffery win
- Another White House score: GSA’s Bev Godwin… and insights on why there is an announcement backlog
- FCW’s Fed 100 Awards: Recognizing the good work done by people… nominations open for the annual award program
- Another Fed 100 name: Microsoft Federal’s Teresa Carlson
- The Kundra appointment: What does it mean
- Welcome to 44 — President Barack Obama… and a new White House blog!
- HUD CIO Lisa Schlosser to join to EPA
- Fed 100 winners are notified, list posted soon
- DorobekInsider’s Public CIO magazine column: Obama Administration May Speed Up Federal Use of Web 2.0
- CQ for sale… if the price is right
- Fed 100 winner: Scott Burns
- VA brings transparency to stimulus requests — and we hear from a Obama CTO candidate?
- More changes at 1105 GovInfo — Group publisher Evillee Ebb exits
- More buzz around the new acting GSA administrator
- WhiteHouse.gov litmus test… and the White House tries out live blogging
- EPA’s remarkable Marcus Peacock “On Change”
- Godspeed John Gioia Nov. 11, 1932-Dec. 26, 2008
- Hear the Navy CIO talk about the Navy’s 2.0 policy
- Happy birthday to… Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Amy Morris
- The next Federal News Radio Book Club selection: What Would Google Do? by Jeff Jarvis
- ConnellyWorks’ A.J. Guenther scores AFCEA recognition
- NAPA’s Collaboration Project helps with government 2.0 policy and legal issues — highlighting the problems and starting the work on solutions
- Most read DorobekInsider.com items for t
- No CTO, but Team Obama a ‘director of citizen participation’
- Navy out with one of the first Web 2.0 policy memos